Global AI Contest
“AI Challenger” is a platform initiated by Sinovation Ventures and supported by strong industry and academic resources, for open datasets and programming competitions to artificial intelligence (AI) talents around the world. The goal of AI Challenger is to empower worldwide AI researcher, scientist, and developer talents to advance their AI research and technological development without the constraints of data resources. In the first year, AI Challenger 2017 released over 1 million data entries based on 300,000 images, as well as over 10 millions language-based data. 8892 teams from 65 countries competed and the winners shared over 300,000 USD prize. All these made AI Challenger the largest dataset platform for scientific research and the largest non-commercial competition platform in China.
AI Challenger 2018
Working with more leading AI companies, universities, and government organizations, AI Challenger 2018 will offer new datasets in the scientific research and industry application frontiers:
Main datasets and competitions:
- Autonomous driving
- Reasoning questions and answers
- Machine Learning for local services
- 2017 datasets’ upgrade
Experimental datasets and competitions:
zero-shot learning, robotics controlling, weather forecast, quantitative trading and etc.
AI Challenger 2018 main datasets and competitions will kick-off in August and last till December. Experimental datasets and competitions are running through the year.
- August 2018, main datasets and competitions kick-off.
- August to late September 2018: Training dataset and validation dataset is available for download.
- Late September to mid-November 2018: Test dataset A will be available for download. Until the test dataset B is released, all scores on leaderboard will be calculated on submission result of test dataset A.
- Mid-November 2018: Test dataset B will be released. The final leaderboard will be announced after scoring is completed.
- Early December 2018: finals and award ceremony.
- Experimental datasets and competitions open every quater.
- Online and offline tech talks every month.
- Online community launch in May 2018.
As the online community and practice playground, AI Challenger also closely supports The International AI Training Program For Chinese Universities, which plans to directly train over 500 school faculties and 5,000 students, and impact hundreds of thousands more AI talents in 5 years.
AI Challenger 2017
Launching for the first time in fall 2017, AI Challenger is chartered and organized by Sinovation Ventures, Sogou, and Toutiao (ByetDance), three heavy weight players headquartered in Beijing from venture capital, search, and media technology domain expertise respectively. AI Challenger 2017 released over 10 millions language-based data, over 1 million data entries based on 300,000 images, as well as over US $300,000 prize. It attracted one million website visits from 120 countries, and 8892 teams from 65 countries participated the competitions, which made AI Challenger the largest dataset platform for scientific research and the largest non-commercial competition platform in China.
AI Challenger 2017 covered about 347 universities (247 domestic and 100 overseas), including Tsinghua University, Peking University, Chinese Acedamy of Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, National Taiwan University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, Imperial College London, University of Cambridge, University of Toronto, University of Tokyo, University of Sydney. And 273 companies got covered, including Baidu, Tencent, Alibaba, iFlytek, JD.com, Meituan, Didi, Xiaomi, Cheetah Mobile, UISEE, Mobike, Microsoft, Amazon, GE, Intel, Samsung, Cisco and etc.
AI Challenger 2017 was co-chaired by Sinovation Ventures CEO Kai-Fu Lee, Sogou CEO Xiaochuan Wang, Toutiao CEO Yiming Zhang. Judges committee included UC Berkeley Professor and IEEE Fellow Yi Ma, Peking University Tenure Professor and winner of National Science Fund for Distingushed Young Scholars Yizhou Wang, Singulariti.io Founder and ACL Fellow Dekang Lin, Megvii Chief Scientist Jian Sun, and other academic and industry experts, offering comments and advice to the contestants.
AI Challenger 2017 set five main competition tracks: Human Skeletal System Keypoints Detection, Scene Classification, Image Captioning (Chinese), English-Chinese Machine Translation, English-Chinese Simultaneous Interpretation; and one experimental competition track, Virtual Stock Trend Forecast. These competitions were designed by top AI experts, and then proessed by the organizers with in-depth industry research, which ensured the meanings for real-world problem solving.AI Challenger 2017 Promo Video AI Challenger 2017 Winner List
- China must overcome talent gap to fulfill AI ambitions 2018/1/3
- AI Challenger 2017 concludes in Beijing 2017/12/22
- Introducing AI Challenger, a $300,000 Global AI Competition for Students 2017/9/7
- Tech firms make smart moves to bridge AI gap 2017/8/21
- Internet companies launch AI contest with largest open data pool 2017/8/21
- inovation Ventures Boosts Bet on AI as China Aspirations Grow 2017/8/20
- Internet majors launch 'AI Challenger' platform to advance research with huge China data pool 2017/8/14
- AI challenger发起零样本学习算法大赛，推出零样本数据集 2018/3/22
- AI竞技赛：面临百万人才缺口，投资机构强势入局 2017/12/24
- AI在中国，还没到抢切蛋糕的时候 2017/12/23
- 千万级数据、一万名选手、130天时间，首届AI Challenger冠军终于诞生 2017/12/23
- 历时130天，吸引百万人关注的“AI Challenger”，要做顶尖AI人才孵化器 2017/12/22
- 决出5大赛道冠军分享200万奖金后，李开复王小川张一鸣的“中国版ImageNet”还要实现哪些小目标？ 2017/12/21
- 首届“AI Challenger全球AI挑战赛”闭幕！5大冠军队伍名单公布，数据集永久开放 2017/12/21
- 从机器翻译来看中国最酷AI挑战赛：赛手体验放第一位 2017/10/12
- 一个耗资数百万的AI数据集，和它背后的90后超人们 2017/9/25
- 中科院自动化所王亮：由AI Challenger漫谈数据集的重要性 2017/9/20
- AI Challenger开赛，林德康谈数据集的重要性｜Xtecher 专访 2017/9/6
- 总奖金 200 万的 AI Challenger 开赛，可申请免费 GPU 资源 2017/9/5
- AI Challenger 开赛：国内最大规模深度学习数据集上线，ImageNet 冠军、Kaggle 大赛优胜者加入角逐 2017/9/4
- AI Challenger开赛，千万量级数据开放，AI高手将上演巅峰对决 2017/9/4
- 创新工场、搜狗、今日头条合力推动中国AI开源化进程，三巨头剑指世界人工智能产业难点 2017/8/16
- 李开复王小川张宏江对话：为什么拿出200万奖金打造中国版ImageNet？ 2017/8/15
- 创新工场、搜狗、今日头条联手打造中国最大AI科研数据集与世界级竞赛平台 2017/8/14
- 李开复：从1983到2017，我的幸运与遗憾 2017/8/16